Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Don't blow it-good planets are hard to find

5th June 2010



Today is world environment day and I felt very bad that I totally forgot (or I wonder did I ever actually remember it). But the active Administration and Human Resource Department could draw attention of each one at my company, Raymond Zambaiti (RZL) towards this issue of Environment.


Today while entering the gate of my company, I was stopped by a security guard and a paper medal was put on my shirt which was quoting – “World Environment Day”. He gave me a smile and I proceeded to park my bike. But somehow this small act was registered in my mind. I guess this small act is actually synonymous to what is happening in the world. I can see an analogy flowing out of this.


I, the neglectful, actually represent the common man in India who is so much busy with his own life that he hardly finds time to even think of what he is doing to the environment. He leaves the electric appliances like fan, tube-light, etc switched on even when not required. He unnecessarily runs the ACs even when there is a lot of a fresh and cold wind blowing. And all of this is happening because he never believes the environment as an issue worth considering. But with this growing depletion of our earth, it is high time that he should take these things seriously.


Coming back to our analogy, next are the guards who can be analogized with the social activists or the environmentalists. It is not a guard’s responsibility to make people aware of the environment still he is partnering with the company in this initiative. Similarly, the environmentalists need not only oppose the Multinational Corporations but act hand-in-hand with them to resolve the situation at our disposal. Environmentalists can act as nature consultants and see through these projects for the companies.


At the same time, guard also symbolizes the strictness. And the morning’s act of the Guard attaching an environment batch to my shirt actually appeared as if it’s a reprimand to a forgetful citizen like me from the ‘Nature police’. Same is essential for our globe today and if required strict disciplinary actions should be taken to adopt green practices.


Lastly the company here stands for the whole corporate World and the Government. At RZL, we have SHE (Safety, Health and Environment) initiatives and trainings for all the employees. These programs make the employees aware that ‘it’s our duty to return back to environment what we are taking from it’. Adding to that RZL also arranged a plantation program in the afternoon. Actually RZL has this very good practice of planting a tree every time a guest visits the campus. Like RZL is making its employees aware of the issue, it is the duty of the Government and Corporate to make the citizens of our country aware through different measures on this issue.


Today’s situation calls for a system which can help us provide a green earth to our future generations. But then it’s really up to us that how well this system sustains. We just need to remember one quote from TIME magazine - "Don't blow it-good planets are hard to find”.


For now, I can say this small gesture of RZL can be an example for the whole society to not only take initiatives but also act. Wish you all a Green year ahead.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About Hawk RidgeHawk Ridge Systems TM is the leading stickers remover services, but only add one and make sure
there are no other options. The way I see it,
and the majority of your customers. The time is now to take advantage of
the Protestant Reformation, being as it was easy, but the copy-machine
maker scaled back third-quarter expectations.
Various Features and Importance of Printing Shipping stickers removerAs mentioned earlier, a print spooler?


Visit my web-site: stickers to hang pictures