Monday, February 2, 2009

My restlessness for peace


Speakers of the music system blurt the tunes at its highest and people around dance to these songs. Hard rock music, which at times I feel very hard for my fragile eardrums, is generally the favorite of these evenings. Birthday celebrations how frequently turn to the boogie of dancing occasion is something one can learn at any institute hostel. During the whole occurrence of the events some trance sets in and any discophile cant control the calling of the dancing floor. And I being one of the several dance enthusiasts around can never forgo such an opportunity and always tend to dance through these nights.
During one such party a piece of head banging and turning songs was being played and I suddenly lost myself into it. I was totally unaware of what is happening outside and even the music faded (I felt), it was total silence. The experience of that peace is something which cant be expressed in words. The feeling of satisfaction and relaxation, its like an addiction that creeps inside you gradually and then takes over everything. You don’t have any control rather you don’t wish to have control and you let loose everything. No binding shackles of worldly impressions or no gauging eyes. Somewhere I could feel that silence...that peace.
Sooner or later one has to be stable in life for this peace. But I had always associated this stability with stagnation. Since my school days my report cards always read “restless” and my college days conferred on me a repo of a guy with lot of -what my friends always call- “Chulla”. Chulla is basically an urge to not only think of insane things at awkward time but to do them as well. And as soon as you are done with one, u have several more in queue. Many amongst us have that chulla but very few cant control it or rather say these few don’t want to control it. It is the source of liveliness, source of happiness and in its own way a style of enjoying even the most serious subjects of life in a lighter way.
But this experience of peace has invoked another chulla in me. The urge to explore what is stability or what it means to be quite. How ironic but true that as a human we are seeking peace but we seek it in a restless manner.

1 comment:

Arslan said...

I think you were just drunk.. :D